Monday, December 16, 2013
7 Christmas Songs That Don't Suuuuuuuuck
Okay, I like Christmas music, sue me. NO REALLY. Sue me, I dare you. I have lawyers for fingers and it will be such a delight for them to get their briefcases out and write down some notes. You have NO IDEA how long it's been since they're taken notes.
BUT JONNY, Christmas music suuuuuuuucks, you say. Okay, maybe. Not if you love Enya though. If you do love Enya then you are the kind of fool who can get around Christmas pretty easy. But I made the case for Enya a while ago. This is about 7 Christmas songs that aren't Enya, who do not suck, unless you think they do, but they don't, so you are probably wrong. It's okay. I was wrong about Elysium. I thought it was going to be an awesome movie. It wasn't. At all.
Hit play then meet me after the HTML code.
1. Low - Just Like Christmas ~ Okay, this is a pretty simple song. It's warbly. It's an original. Is good.
2. Bon Voyage - Holly Jolly Christmas ~ This is Jason Martin and his wife, Julie. I like their stuff. I told Jason once at Cornerstone he should make am entire Christmas album. He talked about how he drives trucks 9 months a year so he can afford to tour the other three months. It was sad.
3. The Raveonettes - The Christmas Song ~ What, you don't like the 60s? I can't help you.
4. Starflyer 59 - A Holiday Song ~ What is this like a Jason Martin blog or something? Well, you could do worse.
5. Pedro the Lion - I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day ~ Proof positive that sad-sack-o-crap Christmas songs are probably the best of all possible birds.
6. Sarah Masen - Heaven's Got a Baby ~ Original Christmas songs can be rly good. Esp if they're sung by beautiful little bbies like Sarah Masen.
7. Rosie Thomas - Christmas Don't Be Late ~ I don't know how she did it but Rosie made this terrible terrible Chimpmunks song into an amazing gospel number. No joke. This is gorge. A gorge of beauty. Jumped by Evel Knievel in 1986.
Leave your favorite Christmas song in the comments! Or don't! No skin off my stomach! haha!