Friday, December 21, 2012

Chris Kringle's 13 Pringle Finger Picks


Soo i sat down to make my list and realized i only listened to about 7 new albums this year. shame shame on me. So my list is new-ish albums that I've been listening to this year… deal with it. Also, after I made this list i realized that 10 out of my 13 albums are from Nashville. So I'm probably pretty biased on this shit. 


1. Caitlin Rose - Own Side Now 
Sure, this album came out in 2010. So what! I bought it at the beginning of the year and fell in love with it. Caitlin has an AMAZING voice and her songwriting is some of the best i've seen in Nashville. If you like Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Fleetwood Mac, etc… you will love her. 



2. Diamond Rugs - S/T
This album has had a special place in my heart since the first time I heard it. John is such a talented songwriter, and he assembled the most awesome bandmates in the world. blah blah blah so many songs about drinking drugs and rock and roll. Its the best



3. Derek Hoke - Waiting All Night
This album is so smooth… its something your parents would like, but you would like it too. Hard to describe though.



4. Jonny Corndawg - Down on the Bikini Line
One of my most listened to albums this year. My favorite album to drive to. 


5. Natural Child - S/T 7" / For the Love of the Game
only 4 songs on the 7", but they are some of the catchiest punk/rocknroll songs ever. 
and then on For The Love of the Game they get super Stoner Rock/ Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed" - ish.


6. Deer Tick - Divine Providence
My least favorite Deer Tick album so far, but it still has some amazing songs on it.



7. Tristen - Charlatans at the garden gate
This girl is super catchy and talented!



8. JEFF the Brotherhood
This album was the theme to my entire summer. 



9. Kendrick Lamar
Don't normally listen to Hip-Hop but I really enjoyed this album, especially "Bitch, Don't kill my vibe"



10. Beach House
Sounds like Beach House, not as good as the last album, IMHO. LOL



11. Steelism
only a 7" out right now, but its super good. Country Funk!



12. Nikki Lane
One of the first shows I saw when i moved to Nashville was Nikki Lane's release party. She had the Alabama Shakes open up for her! 



13. Lee Miles
This album is pretty good. I need to listen to it more though... 



If I could put reissues on here I would, but i thought it might be pushing it….
loved:
Rodriguez - Cold Fact
Lee Hazelwood - LHI years
Country Funk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave it or Lost it!